DCO-DS Standup April 20, 2015

Printer-friendly version

DCO-DS Scrum April 20

General Meeting Information

  • This Meeting
  • Previous Meeting
  • Next Meeting
  • Sprint Planning
  • Current Sprint
  • Current Backlog

Agenda

  • Around the room (5 minutes each MAX)
  • After Scrum - 30 minutes of discussion if needed

Attendance

  • Patrick - vacation
  • John
  • Stephan
  • Marshall
  • Momo
  • Apurva
  • Hao

Ticket Information

  • t-shirt field
    • x-small - 1-2 hours
    • small - up-to 1 day
    • medium - up-to 1 week
    • large - 1-3 weeks
    • x-large - 3+ weeks

Action Items

  • Around the Room
  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
  • Is anything holding you up?

Stephan

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • #dco303 - Add Project Update > Reporting Years facet to project and field study browsers
      • no updates since last stand-up
      • ready to push to production pending approval from Patrick
    • #dco304 - Add project update property to result set in project and field studies browsers
      • no updates since last stand-up
      • project update is in test on udco project browser, but the performance is not acceptable
      • need to determine if we can drop this feature or need to redesign for acceptable performance
    • #dco328 - Transition to Jira
      • transferred some backlogs tickets from bloodhound to jira
    • #dco331 - RDA Plenary Wrapup, Writeup and Moving Forward
      • send out today
    • #dco124 - query updates for s2s for project update enhancement
      • parent ticket to #dco303 & #dco304, will close when child tickets are closed
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • #dco328 - transition some more backlog tickets
    • #dco304 - start email discussion on whether project updates in result set record is needed
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • no

Momo

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • Techn transfer, documentations.
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • Techn transfer
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • Thesis, defense

Hao

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • #dco249 complete data rescue of files starting with R
      • two problematic files marked
      • Metadata of rescued dataset: http://tw.rpi.edu/web/project/DCO-DS/WorkingGroups/BoundaryActivities/pdf2data
    • technology transfer with momo
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • technology transfer
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • no

Apurva

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • Went through the tutorials of S2S.
    • Understood DCO dataset browser codebase.
    • Created draft version of use cases related to dataset and datatype browsers.
      • http://tw.rpi.edu/media/latest/Datatype_Dataset_Browsers_UseCase.pdf
    • Tried installing other VMs. Hyper-V is not supported in my version of Windows. (not in Windows 8.1 basic)
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • Meeting with Han to understand the deployment process of S2S in UDCO.
    • Will start with the coding work related to adding a data type facet in the dataset browser and deploy it in UDCO.
    • Make changes on my use case based on the feedback.
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • Need to understand SPARQL and PHP as I will have to work on this in my coding work.

Marshall

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • #384 Develop user stories for DCO sample repository
      • Emailed Beverly again and introduced our methodology of work - 'sprint'
    • #385 User story from Mark Ghiorso about thermodynamic data rescue
      • Peter will have a meeting with Mark on Apr 25. I contacted Peter about whether he can talk to Mark directly
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • New ticket for updating the data rescue workflow
      • #399 Updating the data rescue workflow
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • None

John

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • Out Friday
    • Discussed with Marshall (and Deb) "Instrument" modelling issue I raised last week
    • Verified w/ Peter that "DCO Computer Cluster" is a dupe; I will fix
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • Need to add to Jira 'Instrument"-related ticket(s) I promised to add
  • Is anything holding you up?

Patrick

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • Vacation
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • Nothing

  • Notes