The Web Science Research Center at RPI is a founding member of the Web Science Network of Laboratories (WSTNet) established by the Web Science Trust. WSRC is part of a global alliance of research institutions including:
- Bonn-Aachen International Center for Information Technology
- Imperial College London Data Science Institute
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBC DSAI)
- Indiana University Network Science Institute (IUNI)
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA)
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL DIG)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Human Dynamics Lab
- National University of Singapore and Tsinghua University NUS-Extreme-Tsinghua (NExT)
- Northwestern University Science of Networks in Communities (SONIC)
What is Web Science?
Web Science is the study of the World Wide Web and its impact on both society and technology, positioning the Web as an object of scientific study unto itself. Web Science recognizes the Web as a transformational, disruptive technology; its practitioners study the Web, its components, facets and characteristics. Ultimately, Web Science is about understanding the Web and anticipating how it might evolve in the future. (Read More..)
NEW: Many of our weekly TWed Talks and IDEA Talks discuss topics of interest to web science. Check out our archive of TWed videos on the TWC YouTube channel!