DCO-DS Standup April 16, 2015

Printer-friendly version

DCO-DS Scrum April 16,

General Meeting Information

  • This Meeting
  • Previous Meeting
  • Next Meeting
  • Sprint Planning
  • Current Sprint
  • Current Backlog

Agenda

  • Around the room (5 minutes each MAX)
  • After Scrum - 30 minutes of discussion if needed

Attendance

  • Patrick - vacation
  • John
  • Stephan
  • Marshall
  • Momo
  • Apurva
  • Hao

Ticket Information

  • t-shirt field
    • x-small - 1-2 hours
    • small - up-to 1 day
    • medium - up-to 1 week
    • large - 1-3 weeks
    • x-large - 3+ weeks

Action Items

  • Around the Room
  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
  • Is anything holding you up?

Stephan

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • #dco303 - Add Project Update > Reporting Years facet to project and field study browsers
      • no work, ready to push to production pending approval from Patrick
    • #dco304 - Add project update property to result set in project and field studies browsers
      • no recent work, project update is in test on udco project browser, but the performance is not acceptable
      • need to determine if we can drop this feature or need to redesign for acceptable performance
    • #dco328 - Transition to Jira
      • setup JIRA & TWC LDAP integration
      • JIRA accounts now working for all DCO-DS members
      • updated JIRA agile process workflow & scrum board
    • #dco331 - RDA Plenary Wrapup, Writeup and Moving Forward
      • started work on blog, should be done by end of week
    • #dco124 - query updates for s2s for project update enhancement
      • parent ticket to #dco303 & #dco304
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • #dco331 - finish blog
    • #dco328 - writeup on how-to create a ticket in the DCO backlog
    • #dco304 - start email discussion on whether project updates in result set record is needed
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • Patrick on vacation will hold up getting #dco303 into production until he is back and can give the go-ahead

Momo

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • #dco335 https://orion.tw.rpi.edu/bloodhound/products/DCO/ticket/335
    • Migrating Han's code of DOI bulk upload
    • svn https://orion.tw.rpi.edu/svn/private/projects/dco-ds/trunk/DOIreference/src/
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • Technology transfer
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • Thesis

Hao

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • getting the data rescue ticket done
    • reading up on Git, tomcat, ant, and trying to run VIVO on my machine
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • finish data rescue by Sunday.
    • run VIVO and have another tech transfer with momo sometime before Monday maybe on skype
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • no

Apurva

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • Met Han to understand S2S and DCO dataset browser implementation.
    • Met Patrick to resolve the DcoLdapRestful code deployment issue in my machine and also in my VM.
    • Yesterday was entirely spent on my NYC trip. Other than that, some time was spent on my course assignments.
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • Set Hyper –v virtual box in my machine and install Linux mint in that along with other required softwares needed for my work.
    • Finish going through the tutorials of S2S and understand the DCO dataset browser codebase.
    • Need to speed up and make good enough progress with my tickets in the coming days.
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • None
    • Still working on developer environment

Marshall

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • #364 A survey of existing works on data rescue
      • See updates in a cmap: http://cmapspublic3.ihmc.us/rid=1NY1VLPK8-QF7GNC-19LR/data_rescue_provenance.cmap
      • The idea is to separate data rescue from data registration, and collect information for them respectively
    • #381 Parameters of data type
      • See updates in a cmap: http://cmapspublic3.ihmc.us/rid=1NSQ17SCH-WCFJWQ-18Y4/data_type_properties.cmap
      • a new class dco:Parameter and three properties for it. A parameter is like a field in a spreadsheet
        • from wikipedia: def: parameter - a characteristic, feature, or measurable factor that can help in defining a particular system.
    • #384 Develop user stories for DCO sample repository
      • No response from Beverly yet. Will email again
    • #385 User story from Mark Ghiorso about thermodynamic data rescue
      • No response from Mark yet.
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • #384 Develop user stories for DCO sample repository
    • #385 User story from Mark Ghiorso about thermodynamic data rescue
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • None

John

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • AGI Bulk Query #391:
      • Sent to AGI team, waiting for feedback
      • Lingering concerns over registration discrepancies...
    • DCO Portal Dev Call (Weds)
    • Thinking about DCO Instruments
      • Added dco:associatedInstruments to Project in TEST (udco)
      • Thinking about the definition of an "Instrument Update"
      • Chatted with Josh about this
    • Tested and "approved' DCO Grant Browser & DCo Grant Summary reports, now fortified with RY-based updates
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • I'll get feedback from Jesse & Cra
  • Is anything holding you up?

Patrick

  • What have you worked on since last meeting?
    • Project Updates twsparql work (queries and xslt)
      • #dco120 - query updates for twsparql for project update enhancement
      • #dco175 - twsparql additional attributes passed directly to query script
    • Portal Group Meeting April 15
      • Top priority for next sprint - instrument browser
  • What will you work on till next meeting?
    • Vacation
  • Is anything holding you up?
    • Nothing

  • Notes

Instruments