Inference Web suite
Proof Markup Language (PML)
- Proof Markup Language (PML) helps users encode and share their proofs in RDF, and it is supported by a series of tools for generating, registering, searching, and visualizing the Proof content.
- A PML Primer from the Stanford University Knowledge Systems, Artificial Intelligence Laboratory can be found here.
Web-based and standalone tools that facilitate human users to browse, debug, explain, and abstract the knowledge encoded in PML.
Probe-It! - Knowledge Provenance Visualization Framework
- Probe-It! is a browser suited to graphically rendering Proof Markup Language (PML) based provenance associated with results derived from inference engines and workflows.
- Probe-It! consists of three primary views to accommodate the different kinds of provenance information: results, justifications, and provenance, which refer to final and intermediate data, descriptions of the generation process (i.e., execution traces) and information about the sources respectively.
Jena is a Java framework for building Semantic Web applications. It provides a programmatic environment for RDF, RDFS and OWL, SPARQL and includes a rule-based inference engine.
Spring is a layered Java/J2EE application framework.
Web Ontology Language (OWL DL)
- The OWL Web Ontology Language is intended to provide a language that can be used to describe the classes and relations between resources that are inherent in Web documents and applications.
Semantic Markup for Web Services (OWL-S)
... OWL-S description ...
Semantic Web Rules Language (SWRL)
... SWRL description ...
Pellet (OWL DL Reasoner)
- Pellet is an open source, OWL DL reasoner in Java that is developed, and commercially supported, by Clark & Parsia LLC.
- Based on the tableaux algorithms for expressive Description Logics (DL), Pellet supports the full expressivity of OWL DL, including reasoning about nominals (enumerated classes).
Ancillary Information Service (AIS)