Xiaohui Lu is a postdoctoral research associate with Prof. James Hendler at The Tetherless World Constellation (TWC) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI). During his PhD study, he worked with Prof. Sibel Adali(adviser) and Prof. Malik Magdon-Ismail on social media research at Social Cognitive Networks Academic Research Center (SCNARC) at RPI. He earned a doctoral degree in computer science from RPI in 2013, a masters degree in computer science from RPI in 2011, and a bachelors degree in computer science from the University at Albany (SUNY) in 2008.
His research interests lie in computational social science, semantic web, data mining and machine learning.
- Sibel Adali, Xiaohui Lu, Malik Magdon-Ismail "Local, community and global centrality methods for analyzing networks", Social Network Analysis and Mining (SNAM) (Vol. 4, No 1), 2014
- Sibel Adali, Malik Magdon-Ismail, Xiaohui Lu, "iHypR: Prominence Ranking in Networks of Collaborations with Hyperedges", ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD), pp. 16:1-16:32, Nov 2013.
- Sibel Adali, Xiaohui Lu, Malik Magdon-Ismail, "Deconstructing Centrality: Thinking Locally and Ranking Globally in Networks", in Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, pp. 418-425, Niagara Falls, Canada, Aug 2013.
- Yang Yang, Nitesh V. Chawla,Xiaohui Lu, Sibel Adali, "Prominence in Networks: A Co-evolving Process", in IEEE the second International Workshop on Network Science, pp. 58-65, West Point, NY, May 2013.
- Sibel Adali, Xiaohui Lu, Malik Magdon-Ismail, "Attentive Betweenness Centrality (ABC): Considering Options and Bandwidth When Measuring Criticality", in Proceedings of the fourth International Conference on Social Computing, pp. 358-367, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2012.
- Sibel Adali, Xiaohui Lu, Malik Magdon-Ismail, Jonathan T. Purnell, "Prominence Ranking in Graphs with Community Structure", in Proceedings of the fifth International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, pp. 426-429, Barcelona, Spain, 2011.
- Xiaohui Lu, Markus Schaal, Sibel Adali, Anand Kishore Raju, "Detecting User Types in Object Ranking Decisions", in Proceedings of the International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems, pp. 149-156, France, 2009.