Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute hosts a round-table discussion with leading visionaries of the World Wide Web on the future of the Web. The panel includes Professor James Hendler
, Semantic Web Visionary; Professor Deborah L. McGuinness
, Web Language Expert; Sir Tim Berners-Lee
, Inventor of the Web and Director of the World Wide Web Consortium; Wendy Hall, President-Elect of the ACM and Sr. V.P. of the Royal Academy of Engineering; Nigel Shadbolt
, Former President of the BCS and CTO of Garlik; and Nova Spivak, High-Tech Entrepreneur.
The event takes place on the RPI campus, June 11, 2008 starting at 2:30pm in the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies Auditorium.
Opening remarks will be given by RPI President Shirley Ann Jackson
, Ph.D., and will be streamed live via the web.
This event marks the launch of the Tetherless World Constellation, a research constellation at RPI chaired by Professors James Hendler
and Deborah L. McGuinness
- 1:30 pm, Demos and Posters by TW members
- 2:30 pm, Opening Remarks by Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D.,President of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 2:45 pm, Keynote Address by Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Senior Research Scientist MIT Laboratory for Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- 3:45 pm, Issue Debate "Washington, Wikipedia, and Web 3.0: What is the Future of the Web?" by Jim Hendler, Deborah McGuinness, Tim Berners-Lee, Wendy Hall, Nigel Shadbolt, Nova Spivack
- 5:30 pm, Demos and Posters by TW members